Powered By Blogger

Friday, November 12, 2010

Review: Heads on Sticks & Javelin Tear it up on a Thursday

Thursday was a a busy music night and while i thought I had a game plan, i was wrong - as a last minute substitution, The Heads on Sticks show was hyped up and i decided to drop in for the show. I am glad that I did as these guys were AWESOME and they had a great crowd to show up and support them.... Mocking Bird, It Doesnt Matter How & my personal faves: Evelynne & It Doesnt Matter How.... They rocked it - and brought a sound that is lacking in this market... These guys are the perfect openers for groups like Javelin or Future Islands.... Great Show and I look forward to seeing more of them around here in the future....

Immediately upon the end of the Heads on Sticks show I hightailed it over to Kings to catch Javelin - where a packed house got to see javelin at it's finest. All the best selections were played and these guys seem to just be getting better and better in time..... This is clearly a group on the rise and I will look forward to catching them again in the near future... Great show! I highly reccomend catch them when you are in the NYC are - or around the country as they seem to be doing quite a bit of touring...

No comments:

Post a Comment