Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 1, 2010

Music Picks for Friday, March 4

The Blue Dogs - Berkeley Cafe - (Folk Rock / Roots Rock)
There's just something about these guys..... I'm not sure if its because they remind me so much of my beloved Subdudes and those sets at Lafayette Square - playing hooky from work to catch their afternoon sets - in the shadow of my office at the Shell Building, their song "Never Been to Spain" -replacing the word Oklahoma for Ocracoke and thinking I'm swaying on the deck at SmacNally's watching the sunset or a combination of the both and the fact that this band from Charleston is immensely talented, powerful, and well loved for their music and their presence on the music scene for the better part of two decades. Maryanne has hit a homerun here getting these guys here (and back again on account of the snowstorm last month)..... This is a must see show.... If you like any kind of Southern Folk/Roots Rock - you will LOVE the Blue Dogs....
Check them out @ www.myspace.com/bluedogs - and check out their AWESOME rendition of "The RainKing" and my personal fave - "Never been to Spain"

1 comment:

  1. Dude,

    The Berkeley needs a new sound man... This is yet another new low for the sound quality there... I'm not saying I could do better - but I know for a fact that I could not do worse....
    This was a real disappointment as it was an otherwise stellar show by the Blue Dogs....

    ReplyDelete